Well, hell. That was just weird. And I also had a lot of bias since I love me some country.
1. Taylor – Who gave him the green light on that song? That was the first time I ever heard Taylor sound terrible. Bleah. Bias #1 – I hate that freakin’ song and never cared for John Denver either.
2. Mandisa – UGH. She’s amazing but what a horrible song choice, and whoever did the arrangement should be beaten over the head with a fiddle.
3. Elliot – Dude. Another great singer taken down by poor arrangement. Boring. Bias #2 – I love Garth Brooks and this song is usually beautiful but it kind of blew tonight.
4. Paris – Phew, something good. She did really well.
5. Ace – Thank GOD he finally did something good again. It was pretty close to the Keith Urban version, but he did it well. And you know, Ace looked way better before the pros got to him.*
6. Kellie – I am ashamed yet I can not tell a lie. I totally enjoyed it. Bias #3 – Though I can’t stand Kellie, I do love “Fancy”.
7. Chris – Go Chris! That was so different and so nice. Talk about standing outside of your box.
8. Katherine – Good save on her part, doing a blues-y country song. Taylor should have thought of that. Also, she reminded everyone of something Simon has said every year – Simon doesn’t LIKE country so of course he has trouble judging it positively.
9. Bucky – Dude, weirdness abounds. I really liked WTBucky tonight. Also, proof again that anyone can look good in a cowboy hat. I need a 12-step cowboy-holics program. “I’m Sherry and I’m addicted to men in cowboy hats and boots.”
*You know how everyone screams for Ace? Just a few months ago, he was just a regular guy. Had he walked down the street, he may have gotten second glances, but not screams. Imagine if some hot average joe from, say, the corner deli walked out on the sidewalk and girls just started screaming? Wouldn’t that be weird? Anyway.
Best line goes to Ryan – “Safe, boring, and lazy. Just like Simon’s love life.”
Guy in crowd – “I love you Ryan!”
Ryan – “Are we actually on the air?!”
And – “Someone’s got a flask at that table.” (Yes, and it’s Paula.
And did he say Randy was dressed as Cupid? Because HAHAHA!
I have no idea who’s going home.