I have found that I am not in a terribly good mood today - I should be much lighter and carefree given the fact that it’s Friday, and I only have a few more hours of work to go before the weekend starts. Plus, I’m going to see Shrek 2 tonight with my mom, which I guess is a good thing, since maybe some laughter will get rid of this general bad mood.
I don’t know precisely what it is. Probably a combination: having to stress about possibly having to search for new transport for something I’d already set up only to discover there were more pallets to ship; my hormones raging; people sometimes nit-picking over what I do, etc.
Anyway, because it sucks to spend an entire day in such a foul temperament, I decided to sit here and list a few things I’m grateful for, since I was inspired by an entry by my sister.
1. For the fact that it’s not raining.
2. For my friends and family (okay, so it’s cliché).
3. Good movies.
4. On a similar note, good books.
5. Having a friend who’s willing to give me harsh criticism on The Book even though I’m pretty sensitive to it.
6. Having a job - because of the money, of course.
7. For that sting I feel when my sweater brushes against the stupid wound I have on my arm (see entry below) - it means I’m alive (uh, knocking on wood).
8. Advil Liqui-gels
9. Being Canadian, with benefits such as real Medicare, so that doctors have to help me if I’m sick (as opposed to asking me for money or insurance info).
10. Having a direction - of sorts - thanks to my passion for writing.
Sure, there must be more. But I should be working right now. I’ll eat soon and then get out of this office for awhile. Sadly, everything is still wet, I think, so I can’t go to the nearby park to sit on the bench and read my book. Instead, I’ll have to go to the Ultramar (gas station) and sit at one of the tables.
Filed in day to day One Response so far
One Response to “Tryin’”