Getting out there

For a variety of reasons my headspace has not been at its best lately. One of the best things to do in a case like that is to take your head and move it somewhere else. Today would have been a good time to head to the beach or even Point Pleasant Park just to see the ocean but it wasn’t in the cards so I did the next best thing and got the kids, some of their toys, and we headed to the park for an hour.

It was a little above freezing, technically, but when you factored in the wind chill it was a little, er, brisk out there (-2C or 28F). Still, it just seemed like we hadn’t been spending enough time outside and even the kids had been stuck indoors for recess at school a fair amount because of rain. An hour was all I could handle but it was good enough to give the three of us some fresh air, a little sunshine, and some exercise.

I took my camera and two lenses with the full intention of taking pictures and then spending some time this evening editing them while watching the SAG awards, but when we arrived I discovered that thing that annoys me to no end – I turned my camera on and got the dreaded “no card” message. I HATE when I forget that my memory card is sitting in my laptop’s card reader. Boo! Luckily cell phones have some pretty decent cameras these days so I captured some photos anyway, courtesy of my wee HTC phone.

They brought their doll strollers with them. I love that Hayley is 9 and still loves dolls. Too many kids her age grow up way too fast.





It was cold but it was fun and it was exactly what we all needed. Too bad the fresh air didn’t completely help since it’s now almost 10 pm and yet they haven’t fallen asleep yet. Sigh. Tomorrow should be fun when it’s time to drag them out of bed for school.

As for me, I have high hopes for this week. I came down with the flu back on January 20th and even stayed home that day, even though I hate calling in sick on Friday or Monday (because I worry people will assume I’m just stretching out my weekend). I just felt completely run down and unable to function. By the time I went back to work on Monday I was mostly fine but I had a very annoying cough. On Friday I all but completely lost by voice and by the end of the day I was pretty much just squeaking at everyone. Not my idea of fun, that’s for sure.

Luckily my voice seems to have returned and so I’m hoping the week will go well for all of us.

I hope you had a great weekend! Stay tuned – tomorrow I’m going to post a recipe for my favourite thing to take for lunch before my shift starts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...