So according to a bunch of lunatics, er, I mean people who have used intense mathematical skills in conjunction with the Bible, the world is going to hit the start of the End Days on May 21st (conveniently at 6 pm for each time zone as opposed to just all at once at a surprise time). Those who are saved will enjoy The Rapture, floating up to Heaven…
… while the rest of us are forced to stay behind like badly behaved children. Yes, I am assuming that I will not be “raptured”. I looked at the flow chart. Far too many strikes against me.
(click for full size to see where you stand)
Anyway, that’s fine. I have little to fear as I have seen many zombie movies, disaster films, and post-apocalyptic movies so I’m sure I’ll fare reasonably well once everything gets going. And really, I don’t want to be raptured anyway. Here are some of the reasons why in no particular order:
- I still haven’t see the season finale of Criminal Minds. I need to know how they end this season.
- And speaking of zombies, what about The Walking Dead? I’m pretty obsessed with that show and need to know what’s going to happen next season.
- I’m in the middle of reading Divergent which is not quite as good as the whole The Hunger Games trilogy but it’s still highly entertaining and I’d hate to get pulled away from it when I’m only about halfway through it.
- The final Harry Potter movie doesn’t come out until July. If I can make to a theater with a good generator I’ll be able to see if they did the last book justice.
- I just did my French telephone interview for my Halifax job and I passed it; I have to stick around for the English telephone interview, no time for rapturing!
- And hello? Halifax! I mean, sure I could still go but if the roads are all shot to hell we’re going to have to try to get our hands on a tank to make it there and I’m not sure if those are compatible with Breanna’s booster seat.
- I have firm plans to do a bit of post-rapture looting. I’ve got my eye on a few nice camera lenses, a flat screen television, the Kinect system, and a new laptop that doesn’t blue-screen on me once a day.
- I’ve been progressing so nicely with my yoga, it would be a shame to stop now. I mean look at the crazy stuff I can do! (And ignore my voice and the Canadian accent that goes with it)
- I have a lot of crap to take care of on my to-do list on Saturday and frankly I’m just not going to feel like going all the way up to the sky by 6 pm.
- I’d hate to think all the mountains of laundry I’ve done in the past week or so have been a waste.
So clearly I just can’t be raptured on Saturday even if I was eligible. I’m a very busy person you know.
Are you going or staying?